BOOK THE MEETING ROOM
To book the Milton Public Library’s meeting room, please contact the library at 802-893-4644.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
Milton Public Library’s meeting room is available to groups or individuals during library hours for not-for-profit use. Private parties are not allowed. Library and town meetings have first priority for room use.
- The meeting room is scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Meeting room space is intended for specific events, rather than for regularly scheduled meetings or a series of events. Requests for exceptions must be made in writing to the library director.
- Include set-up and clean-up in the time you request the room for.
- Meetings and events must occur during regular library hours, unless a library staff member is present. Meetings must be completed 15 minutes before the library closes. The library director must pre-approve meetings outside normal library hours.
- Meetings and events scheduled in the library’s meeting room are done so with the express understanding that if a need arises for library or town use of the room, these will take priority. In the event of a conflict, library staff will notify the contact person who scheduled the meeting/event as soon as possible.
- Cancellations should be made to library staff at 802-893-4644, as soon as possible. Failure to provide cancellation notice may jeopardize an individual or groups future use of the meeting room.
- Use of the meeting room does not indicate endorsement, participation, or sponsorship by the library.
- Per the Vermont Department of Public Safety, the capacity of the meeting room may not exceed 70 people based on an arrangement of tables and chairs.
- A responsible adult over 21 years old must be present at the event at all times.
- Children must be supervised.
- All publicity must indicate the event sponsor, so it is clear the Milton Public Library is not endorsing or sponsoring the event.
- When using the meeting room, consideration of others is necessary as it relates to noise and traffic.
- The meeting room may not be sublet to any other group or person(s), or used for any other purpose than stated.
- Products and services may not be advertised, solicited, or sold at non-library sponsored events.
- Illegal activities of any kind are prohibited.
- Except as may be permitted during town/library approved coursework or events, weapons of any kind (firearms, knives, etc.) are prohibited in the town and library facilities.
- Alcohol and nicotine products are prohibited.
- All trash and food must be removed by the user.
- The room – including tables, chairs, floors, and equipment — must be thoroughly cleaned.
- The room should be restored to its original set-up.
- Carpeting, tables, chairs, walls, lights, windows, and equipment should be left in as good or better condition as they were upon the group’s arrival.
- Windows and doors should be closed and locked at the end of the event/meeting.
- Any damage should be reported to library staff immediately.
- It is expressly understood that Milton Public Library and the Town of Milton will be held harmless from/against claims, lawsuits, actions, liability for any property damage, and liability for any injury or death of any person.
Approved by the Milton Public Library Board of Trustees on October 11, 2023